July 11, 2010

Swiffer Refills gone green

Hey Everyone,

I cannot believe it is almost 3pm here already. Weekends always go by so fast! We didn't get home until about 2am anyways..poor Aiden was SO tired and worn out. We went to the county fair in our hometown with Brent's family.

Aiden loved it. He went last year but this year was SO much more fun. He even had a bite of funnel cake and LOVED it! Mr. Picky actually liked something ;)

I had fried pickles for the first time..and I am hooked..love em'!

Back to crafty things....I love cleaning products. However, the cost for the refills of the swiffer dust clothes can add up fast, especially when you have a 22 month old that loves to "help dust". Now I can afford to have several of these around the house.

I read a blog that gave a tutorial for making these reusable swiffer clothes.

I tried it out and had success on my first try (I can't tell you how excited I get when I don't mess things up with sewing and directions LOL..I get so proud haha)

Here is mine:



And the best part..it gets raggier and better each time I throw it in the washer and dryer. I even made a few for all my family members...hope they like them as much I do mine.

It really works! The key is to use flannel fabric. My colors were purple and navy. Nothing fancy because I was lucky enough to use my grandmas flannel scraps she had..which makes this project even more green!


Did you make anything crafty this week? I hope to scrapbook our Florida vacation when Aiden takes a nap..I'm so behind!!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley
Love my swiffer duster--thanks
I have an idea of how to make a swiffer wet jet pad---
I love fried pickles too

Dana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails