June 26, 2010

Sewing Project

Good Morning..

Did you enjoy yesterdays blog hop?? I had so much fun visiting each and everyone of the talented ladies with the hop!

My grandma recently just let me borrow one of her Viking sewing machines. I went to Ikea and found a nice table to hold it because I don't want Aiden messing with it. I haven't had time to actually sit down and read the manuals..until last night! I decided to try to sew something simple but something that we needed at our house............

take a look--

Messy bath toys that just stay wet EVERYDAY because they don't have a chance to dry out.

So I created this after seeing it on Make It and Love It..I knew it was something I wanted to make. I went to Joann's and got mesh material with a coupon and I came home and just eyeballed to how long I needed it. I did want the opening to be wider but I also wanted to make one for my nephew.
On her blog she used suction cups to hold it...Aiden would have that pulled down in .3 seconds and the hook would probably hurt him with my luck. So I did something brave (well for me at least LOL) I did SNAPS! I even used pearl red snaps for a nice touch.



See..problem solved!! Neat and organized and the mesh works great for water to be released.




Thanks grandma for letting me borrow your sewing machine..I AM LOVING IT!! I already have a long list of things I want to make. I do have several questions though about some settings when I see you!
Well I am going to get off here and get some things done around the house.
*I know my sewing COULD have been better..but Im just learning so let me be proud of my work HAHA!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails