June 14, 2010

Craft Show recap

Happy Monday everyone!

I just wanted to do a quick post about the craft show that I did on Saturday (the 12th). I have been working my tail off trying to get things ready for my first ever craft show! In the back of my mind when I would create things I would have to ask...is this really cute?! LOL

Anyways...it was a rough week. I felt like I didn't have enough time and I was really stressed..poor Brent :(

Nancy did watch Aiden for me on Tuesday which I was SO SO SO thankful for and I really needed it! However, Brent and I were still up to at least 4am on Friday night/Saturday morning. We had to wake up at 7 to get ready and head to the store. The entire morning..it is POURING while we were trying to unload the car. This is a PAPERcrafters worst nightmare lol.

I am so thankful for my mom who agreed to sit with me and help me with the booth. I loved talking to her and being with her without Carson or Aiden around..just us :)

I also love Brent and that he watched both boys for us and the house was still in one piece ;)

Also, it was so nice to see my grandma, Aunt Dana, and Kathy show up early. By this time I wasn't really stressed anymore. You see...I did this craft show not really expecting to make money..I wanted it for the experience. I plan on doing several larger ones in October and November and I even need pictures to send my application in for those!

It was kinda slow off an on all day but it rained all morning, it was so hot outside (humidity) and there was terrible construction outside. I also think that because it was in June and not around Christmas. But I do not regret doing this at all......I am now ready to do more!!! I even told Brent today.."I wish it was 2 day..I liked doing it!"

People appeared to like all my items...got so many compliments (from other vendors AND customers) and passed out a TON of business cards. Some people have already contacted me! I did sell some things..in fact I think I was one of the only pure handmade vendors that really did (how sad!)

Here are some pictures. Please note this was before any customers..so I did fill the tables out better right before the show started.














I wish I had more room! My top hits were chipboard albums that said Dad and gift card holders!
I cannot wait to do more craft shows!!
I did in fact start packing up at 4 (craft show ended at 5)..it was so humid out and it was pretty much dead after lunch time/afternoon. My mom and I packed and went home at the right time because when we were driving back to my house...it rained...and it rained HARD. So much you couldn't see on the interstate and we dropped our speed down to around 35 (people usually go at least 70 if not 75). Crazy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails